Approximately 95.5% of the votes cast at yesterday’s special meeting were in favor of the business combination.
Today’s press release did not disclose redemption amounts, but HZAC reached a 52-week high of $11.78 yesterday and closed the day with a 9.30% gain at $11.28.
Just yesterday, HZAC announced that it swapped out a portion of its PIPE financing with Vivid Seats, replacing an allotment set to be purchased by its affiliate Eldridge Industries with commitments from DraftKings (NASDAQ:DKNG). Since the investment was announced so late, it will not have any impact on redemptions as that deadline passed on October 10 and the change did not actually bring in additional funding to the deal.
The business combination is expected to close on Monday, October 18, and the common stock and warrants of Vivid Seats are expected to begin trading on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbols “SEAT” and “SEATW,” respectively, on Tuesday, October 19.
Horizon originally announced its $2.059 billion combination with Vivid on April 22. Chicago-based Vivid provides a marketplace for the $39 billion concert, theatre and sporting event ticket market.
Horizon also announced today that its public warrant holders voted to approve its proposed warrant agreement amendment, which received approximately 99.9% approval.
- Evercore is acting as exclusive financial and capital advisor to Vivid Seats.
- Latham & Watkins LLP is acting as legal advisor to Vivid Seats.
- Credit Suisse is acting as lead financial and capital markets advisor to Horizon.
- Deutsche Bank Securities and RBC Capital Markets are also acting as financial and capital markets advisors to Horizon.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP is acting as legal advisor to Horizon.
- Credit Suisse and Evercore acted as co-placement agents on the private offering.