Falcon Capital Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:FCAC) announced in a press release as well as in an 8-K filing today that its shareholders approved its combination with digital healthcare firm Sharecare at a special meeting held today.
The press release and 8-K did not mention redemptions, but noted that more than 97% of the votes cast, or 32,080,366 votes, at the meeting were in favor of the approval of the business combination. Investors reacted well to the news as FCAC rose 6.70% in post-market trading following the announcement.
Falcon shareholders also voted overwhelmingly to approve the other proposals which included to amend and restate the amended and restated certificate of incorporation to include a certificate of designations for the Series A Preferred Stock, change the name to Sharecare, Inc. and increase the authorized number of shares to 615,000,000. Additionally, shareholders approved the proposal to issue certain securities and the new incentive plan.
The transaction is expected to close on Thursday, July 1 and the combined company’s stock and warrants will start trading on the Nasdaq under the new symbols “SHCR” and “SHCRW”, respectively, on Friday, July 2.
Falcon Capital announced the $3.9 billion deal with Sharecare on February 12. Sharecare provides a patient-communication and digital health platform to insurers and healthcare providers.
For a full list of proposals and vote tallies, click HERE.
- Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC acted as financial advisors to Sharecare
- King & Spalding LLP acted as legal counsel to Sharecare
- Goldman Sachs Group acted as financial advisor to Falcon Capital Acquisition Corp
- White & Case LLP acted as legal counsel to Falcon Capital Acquisition Corp
- Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC acted as joint placement agents in connection with the PIPE offering