The SPAC did not disclose redemption figures, but noted that a total of 8,709,297 or 58.93% of HighCape’s shares participated in the vote, and the combination was approved.
The transaction is now expected to close on June 15 with the combined entity’s shares commencing trading on the Nasdaq under the symbols “QSI.”
The parties initially announced their $924 million deal on February 21. Quantum-Si produces advanced spectrometers and software tools for analyzing and sequencing genomes and proteomes.
HighCape’s shareholder approval marks the ninth successful SPAC vote since June 1st. For a full list of proposals and vote tallies, click HERE.
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C. is acting as legal advisor to Quantum-Si.
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC is acting as lead placement agent and Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. is acting as co-placement agent for the PIPE.
- Mayer Brown is acting as legal counsel to the placement agents.
- White & Case LLP is acting as legal advisor and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC is acting as exclusive financial advisor to HighCape.
- Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. is acting as capital markets advisor and underwrote the IPO of HighCape in September, 2020.