The parties expect to close the transaction on June 1, 2021. The shares and warrants of the combined company, which will be renamed “The Original BARK Company”, are set to start trading on the NYSE on June 2, 2021 under the new ticker symbols, “BARK” and “BARK WS”, respectively.
Northern Star did not release redemption figures in its press release, but it opened this morning ahead of the vote above its trust value at $10.06, so redemptions were likely low.
Northern Star originally announced it had entered into a definitive agreement with BarkBox back in December in a deal valued at $1.64 billion. New York City-based BarkBox provides customized product packages for dogs through monthly subscriptions and a curated ecommerce storefront as well as through brick-and-mortar retailers like Target.
- Citigroup is acting as sole financial and capital markets advisor to Northern Star.
- Citigroup acted as sole placement agent to Northern Star in connection with the PIPE Offering.
- Canaccord Genuity is acting as financial advisor to BARK.
- Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin & Hachigian, LLP and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP are acting as legal counsel to BARK.
- Graubard Miller is acting as legal counsel to Northern Star.